Translate

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I Need Another Vacation Now

Share
I realize that for most vacations to be successful you need to take half the clothes that you plan on wearing and spend half the money. So that's what I did last week. Success! The only way my much-needed vacation could have been better is if I taken twice the time off.

Sadly, today was my first day back at work. And in the midst of my chaotic job of playing catch-up, all I could think about was that relaxing ride in one of those soft, inflatable boats as my brother-in-law lazily pulled me along with his pontoon boat on the sunny Tennessee River. ::: sigh ::: It feels like today's overwhelming demands lasted much longer than those four days of sun and family fun of last week. Why is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear you. Maybe vacations will be more effective and restful once someone perfect that "Beam me up, Scotty" business so we don't get so worn out with the actual process of getting from point A to point B.