Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Quinceanera To You, Happy Quinceanera To You,

Share
With my Jewish friends, I've been privy to their children's bar mitzvahs. My rich friends celebrate the coming-of-age of their daughters' with debutante balls. And now my cultural world has been expanded once more as one of my Mexican friends sent out Quinceanera invitations for his daughter's upcoming 15th birthday. It seems that the Quinceanera is like a bar mitzvah or a debutante ball except that everyone speaks Spanish. As globalization reaches the level of families, would the ideal birthday then be that of a teenaged, Jewish girl who has rich, Mexican parents?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Large praise for this well written and easily understandable contribution. I take up this blog to my favorites and times will soon again by-look.

Anonymous said...

Wow interesting really to see your cultural links indeed! And now your cultural world has been expanded withMexican friends. I am bookmarking this amazing stuff: http://delicious.com/britneyvaughan

Anonymous said...

Its most attractive post. Thanks for sharing