Translate

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Game Can Beat Up Your Game

Share
When video games made their entertaining presence known in the early 80s, I was there -- repairing, configuring, upgrading, collecting tons of quarters from these noisy boxes of fun. Then the games began their home invasion with Atari and Activision. Soon I had children (not because of the games) and bought Nintendo's offerings. But somewhere, somehow, the video games kept advancing while I lost the free time to keep up with them. Now I look at kids at stores playing playstation 3, and wii and xbox 360. They have the same excitement that we did way back then. Remember trying to move vertical strips to 'hit' a moving white square? I wonder if our parents felt the same way when they played with sticks and rocks.

No comments: