Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Better Fund Raiser Ideas?

Share
How effective are fund raisers? They might raise money but they definitely raise the blood pressure of everyone involved with tickets, merchandise and whatnot. The entire event always seems to take the 'fun' out of 'fund raiser'.

To lessen the painful process this year, my friend's daughter and members of her marching band brainstormed ideas to earn money in a more pleasant fashion. I can't reveal too many details about the winning idea because I'm sworn to secrecy until they launch their attack ... um, I mean, until they start their fund raiser. I can say that they have a unique ticket design which involves weaving the wicks from candles into small mats. With the onset of Halloween, they call these mats their 'Wicked tickets'. The prize? I can't tell you. The method? Again, I can't say until after this begins. But if all goes well, I know one marching band who will earn lots of money without raising any bad feelings.

2 comments:

Ruud said...

hi buddy.. You have a very nice blog.. Your way of writing is attractive.. I have blogrolled you. Hope you reciprocate. Visit my blog http://ruudsarena.blogspot.com/ and leave a comment

Sriram said...

Hey your blog's amazing..I've blogrolled you.Please reciprocate!