Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Alcohol And Math

Share
I have a friend who is a mathematician. Yet for such a smart guy, he tends to drink quite a bit. Actually, he only drinks on two occasions -- when he is thirsty and when he isn't.

My computating friend does realize that he has a problem. But instead of checking into one of those alcohol rehabs, he decided to sign up with Alcoholics Anonymous. I'm not sure why. I can tell that he isn't enthusiastic about the group. Instead of going to the meetings, he just sends in his empty bottles.

I can say that he has taught me a few things. For example, I now know that alcohol and calculus do not mix. So please always remember that old saying: "never drink and derive."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"my friend only drinks on two occasions, when he is thirsty and when he is not"

That is a funny quote I can see myself using in the future... unfortunately it is a serious problem that some of my friends seem to have as well. One of them has even been to rehab for it - haven't talked to him since, but I hope it helped.