Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

planning to survive

Share
Well, it is hurricane season and I'm not talking about the North Carolina hockey team. With this year's dire predictions, I find myself worrying about my emergency supplies: "What do I have?" (Not enough.) "What do I need?" (A hiding place far, far away.) Those repetitive thoughts then make me think about what I would might need after a disaster strikes. Did I pay that last insurance bill after I told the agent were to go? Where should I hide my valuable papers? How much bribe money will I need? From here, it's just a short jump to "what happens if I die?" "Is my will up to date?" "Would Bob's Crematorium and Grill be open for the funeral and the dinner afterwards?" These responsibilities of being an adult didn't seem to be that important a decade ago. ::: sigh ::: Maybe I'll just go down to Sam's Club, buy one of those large barrels of wine and preserve myself in that.

No comments: