Translate

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pigeon Forge

Share
Do you see that laughing woman in the center of this picture, the one in the white shirt? This is a picture of my mom in our first and last family reunion in July 2000. For years, we had all been talking about doing a reunion. And then my brother-in-law managed to get a hold of one of those excellent Pigeon Forge vacation rentals. Very scenic, very peaceful, and an incredible amount of fun.

Unbeknownst to all of us at this time was the fact that my mother had leukemia. Shortly after this happy time, the only thing that we had left of her were our memories and these pictures.

I'm glad that we had that time in the magical mountains of Pigeon Forge, creating laughter, enjoying each others' company and sharing our lives as only a loving family can do. But as I look back, I wish I could have done and said more.

4 comments:

CyberCelt said...

Sorry for your loss. It seems like yesterday, doesn't it? My mom passed in 1995 and I still miss her.

Here for Click and Comment Monday from CoolAdzine for Marketers. Just following do follow blogroll.

Anon A. Mus said...

Thank you for your comment. Originally I started writing my post about the good times that we had had a Pigeon Forge. After five years, you would think the pain would be less. But the more I looked at the picture, the more I thought about events and places and times, and then realizing that there's not a blessed thing I can do on this upcoming Mother's Day... well, the post didn't turn out quite as rosy as I had originally planned.

In any case, I am glad that you stop by, though I too am sorry for your loss. Perhaps it's a good thing that we still feel the pain of our loss after all this time. This way we won't commit a greater sin of forgetting how important our mothers were in our lives.

Unknown said...

You look like a very nice family. I lost my mom in 1987. She was only 44. Still can't believe it. I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Your mom would be proud of you, as you've continue to pursue the things in life that make you happy, for the way that you love your children, your sisters and their families and for the way you share you love with others! In hind site we all have things we could have, should have and would have done better or differently; but as our mothers would both say, don't work so hard, laugh often, don't stress so much and live your life now and be happy. In doing so , we each honor our loved ones memories by living our lives to the fullest. Getting to know you and your sisters has allowed me to see a piece of your mom. Her sense of humor is evident in the photograph; it's no wonder I love laughing with you. I know it's not the same, but I'll share my mom with you, she already loves you.