Translate

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dangerous Times

Share
Such a dangerous time in my relationship. Next week marks the eighth year since my fiancee and I began dating. She marks each year as a special milestone of our enduring love for each other. I mark each year as an accomplishment that someone has stayed with me for another 365 days (bonus points for leap years).

It's also another year that I've learned more about her likes and dislikes. As a loving fiance, I try to use this info to help celebrate her important anniversary milestone.

Lately, she has been hinting that I should take her somewhere she's never visited. The kitchen immediately came to my mind. However, I don't think I can suggest this location that she rarely frequents and live to tell about it.

Married couple usually celebrate their eighth year with bronze gifts. As a romantic anniversary gift for her, I thought about bronzing her frying pan as a memento of the first and only meal she ever cooked for me. Again, I'm not sure I would live to tell what happened after she unwrapped my well-intended present.

Maybe I can send her to a tanning salon and let her get bronzed. I don't think I could get a safer metal-sounding gift than that.

1 comment:

Austdivorce said...

Eight years is impressive, given the challenge of maintaining a relationship while pursuing a career.