Translate

Thursday, March 03, 2011

A rose by any other name…

Share
…would still be the worst person to marry and even worse to be divorced from.

I hope you're reading this. Through all of your conniving ways that you pride yourself on, I hope that you found my blog, and you're reading this post. I'm sorry I don't have many pictures and that I sometimes use big words. Still, I think you’ll catch my drift in this little entry.

In a few months, our son graduates and the child support gravy train will reach its final destination. I don't know why we refer to your dependable income as child support. The money has rarely reached my son and his needs. Perhaps "untaxed alimony" would be a better phrase. I'm sure the IRS would be interested to learn this.

That’s not the only phrase that is in flux. Remember how you have made "your" son live with our adult daughter in less-than-ideal conditions for these past few years? You'll be happy to know that our son is now hard-pressed to call you his mother. But that doesn't matter, does it? For the next few months, I will continue to forking over your "child support".

So what is the motivation behind this post? I learned that you plan to visit your ambulance-chasing lawyer in the next few days for more child support. Apparently, the tax-free $1200 a month you’ve been getting hasn't been enough. Now you want claim to some of the money I earned through my second and third jobs – jobs I had to take on to pay off your debts, jobs that I struggled through to get extra money to send to our children to help them because you wouldn't. I guess I should be thankful you don’t consider yourself greedy.

At this point, I suppose I could curse you with eternal pain, with the constant sufferance of unyielding foul flatulence, and with an irretrievable loss of your senior citizen discounts. But I don't have to do that. Our children have called me. They have had deep heart-to-heart talks with me. The two oldest have lost all respect for you. Our daughter is seriously considering a ban between you and all contact with your grandson. Our oldest son has already stopped answering the door when you tried to visit these last couple of times. As for our youngest son, well, he said he's keeping his peace until after graduation in a few months.

So what can I say? A rose by any other name will get what she deserves. Should you pay that visit to your unscrupulous attorney, well, may you relish in the resulting happiness of your own creation...

No comments: