Translate

Saturday, March 26, 2011

re-adapt, re-adopt, and .... improve?

Share
Metaphorically speaking, if you are trying to dig a 10 foot ditch with a toothpick, there comes a time when you have to re-evaluate your tools and your goals. I did that and changed my tool.

Now after a few years, I'm a little further along but I don't think this tea spoon is helping matters. In fact, why am I digging a ditch? I don't even like ruts!

So, it has become vital that I reassess goals and tools again. I don't have much time left. It's not that longevity runs in my family; it just ran so far ahead that I can't see it any longer. And, like a chewed up pencil, the next 15 years will vanish in a blink and 'valued employee' will mean nothing.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Why not use a shovel? Really? Should my ultimate goal be digging my grave?

No comments: