Translate

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'll drink to 'I see now"

Share
Lately, it has been a tad difficult to see the world about me. Yes, if I'm not wearing my glasses then it seems as though colored blobs and rotund shapes surround me. This happened once years ago, but it turned out that I walked into the middle of a Weight Watchers convention. These recent occurrences of faulty visions are not the same thing.

With my glasses on, I'm suddenly aware of an odd feeling that there is some distortion in my sight. I can't put my finger on this sensation. Or, if I did put my finger on it, I would end up poked myself in the eye. After a few seconds, this uncomfortable feeling turns into a blurriness from either my left or right eye but never both.

The doctor seems to think that I’m having a new reaction to extra stress in my life. Actually, he attributes it more to an aging body dealing with stress that my younger self handled with ease. Apparently, our weak forms are only designed to handle so much soul crushing events before giving way to undesirable side effects.

So, instead of changing my spectacles, my doctor recommends a few daily ounces of alcohol to relax me. My kind of doctor -- prescription glasses in the form of shots. I may still have blurry vision but at least I won't care as much.

No comments: