Translate

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Will Work for ... Work!

Share
Apparently, I don't work enough. When I look at my paycheck and look at my bills, there seems to be a minor discrepancy. Minor that is, by Bill Gates' standards but I'm trying to positive here. So I'm doing what any other hard-working American would do, which is to work harder. How else can I compensate for my lack of talent, beauty and brains? By working twice as hard to make up my lack of skills, there is no end to the things I can't accomplish.

In any case, I have been submitting job applications about the town in hopes of some part-time work. After all, the holiday season is almost here and someone has to help these overpriced stores sell their substandard merchandise to bleary-eyed shoppers who are hyped up on coffee and the overwhelming drive to get their snotty nosed kids the latest and greatest fad. Of course, I mean that in a good way. At least, that's how I hope the store manager took my comments during today's interview. Otherwise he must have been lying when he said he was looking for a hard-working and honest worker -- and there's nothing dishonest about what I said. As for hard-working ... well, I'm looking, aren't I!

No comments: