Translate

Monday, March 29, 2010

Presdential Order: Walk, Don't Run

Share
Thomas Jefferson once said that walking is the best possible exercise. Of course, he said this during an age before the invention of the treadmill. They had the don't-tread-on-me-mill which was very successful in the States and not so much so in England.

In any case, you could only expect the founder of our country to recommend one of the only three methods of human-powered locomotion available --- the other two being running and rolling. Rolling is reserved for small children and drunks. And running, well, even President Jefferson knew that we are born with a finite number of heartbeats. So why waste those precious beats on moving quicker than you have to. At least, that's my excuse. And if that's good enough for the writer of the constitution ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.