Translate

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Free me

Share
I'm being bombarded by "free this" and "free that", "buy one and get one free", "free buttons with every shirt purchased!" Yeah, some things are redundantly stupid. Take the advertisement of "free insurance quotes". Why did these quotes get captured in the first place? And why would anyone pay for a quote? Well, maybe if you've recently talked with the sales guy of the year who just sold a Ben and Jerry's ice cream franchise to a nice couple in Alaska. Not only did my quote cost me less than the franchise, but apparently I'm the only one in Fair Banks, Alaska who enjoys ice cream. More for me ... But if you can stop by for a visit, I'll throw in a free cone with your purchase. I've got millions of 'em and winter isn't ending any time soon.

No comments: