Translate

Monday, March 08, 2010

geeks don't age, they just become nerder

Share
As the baby boomers get older, the news media keeps harping on how technologically backwards these aging folks are becoming. "The kids of today are forcing senior citizens to become drooling idiots who can barely operate a light switch." Hockey sticks and double hockey sticks! The media seems to have forgotten that one special segment of the Boomer generation -- the nerds. There is a reason why our own kind called us geeks (and other things that I won't share here).

Case in point. My daughter was having a little problem with her PSP. (I'm using acronyms of today from here on out to "keep it real.") Once I figured how to get the WiFi connected, I d/l the latest patches, reconfigured the OS and, Ta-Da (old school acronym "I be jammin' now"), everythin' was solid. Now, I've got some tight music (Jazz Fusion) and audio books on the PSP so my games be jumpin'. The only problem is not enough micro sd RAM. But that's ok. I don't wanna pwn the kiddies too badly. Just enough to scare 'em. Holla!

No comments: