Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Making Our Own Words

Share
Vox is a Latin word for voice. Lips are what we use to shape that voice into something intelligent. At least that's what we hope for as we review those sounds going in and out of our head. Yet you couldn't refer to that process as lipovox reviews. It turns out that Lipovox is a pill that's supposed to help you not put more food past your lips then you really need to. It has nothing to do with your voice assuming you don't talk when you have a mouth full of food. For such people, you need lipolocks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The practice of making your own words is a good time pass. In my leisure time I always try to find new words and give them their own meaning. This way I made a list of 1000 words and now I am going to make a dictionary of them.

goldengoddess said...

Me too, me too! My word for the day is "lowrideritis" pronounced low-rider-I-tis. It's the chronic disorder of the hips suffered by older men (and women) who during their teens wore their pants so low that they had to force their legs apart as they walked in order to keep their pants from falling to the ground.

Anonymous said...

To express anything in this world the better way is to express in your way because it will be effective and you can create your own way doing things differently.