Translate

Thursday, May 01, 2008

I'm Sorry

Share
Of all the appliances in my home, I probably should appreciate my water heater more. In fact, I should know better. A few years ago, the warmth disappeared from our close, watery relationship when the heating elements died. Eighteen months went by before I had the heart and, more importantly, the funds to buy a new water heater. During that time apart, I heated buckets of water and took baths camper style in my tub. Adapt and adopt, don't you know! Finally the day arrived when I installed a new water heating tank. My first shower was as close to heaven as you can get while remaining alive. Since then, I have drifted to the thankless state of taking my hot water for granted. If my liquid warmth disappears again, my most deepest appreciation will return along with one of those tankless water heaters. After all, it's a tankless job but something has to do it...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eighteen months?! That is a long time of heating up water manually. Kudos to you. I know I couldn't do it.

Anonymous said...

Adapt and Adopt is right, but I am not sure if I could go so long without a hot shower! I am spoiled too I guess!

Anon A. Mus said...

Hello EPB and Christine! I'm spoiled too. But you know there are times when you have to deal with less-than-ideal situations until you can make them better. Besides, it wasn't that bad. I just pretended it was an extended camping trip but without the biting bugs, the collapsible tent, and the uncomfortable ground for a bed. :)

Anonymous said...

I like your post very much.I am surprised to see your seriousness about water.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for information about "Tankless water heaters".

goldengoddess said...

Thanks for sharing this post with us Anon A Mus! We often think that our lives are not going quite like we'd like them to, but there are others in far worse conditions. When I was pregnant with my second child we lived in a camper trailer. Like you, I had to shower by other means since we had no running water to the trailer. We did have a stove that functioned, but the thought never crossed my mind to heat the water before showering. So, there were many a cold shower taken, perhaps a bit to late. LOL! Anyway, it was definitely an experience I will never forget! Brrrrrrr ... just the thought gives me shivers! Your experience sounds like it was more tolerable than the alternative, and I'd much rather join you in a heated shower than a cold one! ;)

Anonymous said...

The problems with tankless water heaters are endless not to mention that they take longer to provide hot water. Think of the inconvenience of having to wait longer every time you need hot water! A great alternative is a Hot Water Lobster Instant Hot Water Valve! It's a recirculation system that conserves water while also providing instant hot water throughout your entire home! It's easy for anyone to install, works off of the homes existing plumbing, and only costs $179.95!

The Hot Water Lobster uses no electricity and is pump free, so it creates no noise. It is made in the U.S.A., has a 10-year warranty, and can be easily installed in under 10 minutes.

Check it out at:
http://www.hotwaterlobster.com/