Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fashion: In One Year And Out The Other

Share
Bluefly advertises itself as "the ultimate hook-up for fashion obsessed." There are even Bluefly coupons to help feed that obsession. I may be fixated with a lot of things but fashion isn't one of them. When someone says that burnt orange is the new black for the season, I almost want to whack them with a color chart. For me, it would be a big help if they would put expiration dates on clothes so I would know when they go out of style.

I guess that's the difference between fashion and style; fashions fade away while style lasts forever. As Gore Vidal once said, "Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn." So far, I have one of the three and it's not the first two ...

No comments: