Translate

Sunday, July 22, 2007

LCD Revolution

Share
Part of my job at work involves testing LCD monitors for automotive applications. The technology in these monitors has changed incredibly fast over the past two years. A couple years ago, my 14 inch ViewSonic monitor was almost $400. Today, I can buy a 20 inch ViewSonic for $200. This is nothing in comparison to what will hit the marketplace in the next six to 12 months. This past spring, I read a couple of papers on new manufacturing techniques that make LCD monitors even cheaper and longer lasting than they are today. There's a good chance that will have some great deals on monitors around Christmas time. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy when I saw how inexpensive the ViewSonic monitors were. After testing out that huge HP TouchSmart PC, all my monitors seem way too small!

Your job sounds cool :)

Anonymous said...

i love when technology gets cheap!