Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Banks at The Outer Banks

Share
I imagine that there are several financial institutions located on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. So I was wondering if it matters which side of the Outer Banks these places are located. I mean, let's say that there is a "Bank of America" is on the Atlantic side. Would you refer to them as the Outer Outer Bank bank (probably located near Chitty Chitty Bang Bank)? If there is a RBC Centura on the North Carolina side, would you said that they are an Inner Outer bank? I'm tempted to call one of them to find out if they are indeed an Innie or an Outie. My luck, I will get an employee who won't appreciate my inquisitive nature. While they may have lint inside their establishment, I'm sure I will be curtly reminded that they are a bank and not a belly button.

2 comments:

Karen said...

innie or an outie!! that cracked me up

goldengoddess said...

Congrats! You've got this state's local language figured out ;) Now I wonder how many other states have strange ways of referring to their local landmarks and tourist areas?

Maybe we could start something fun?

gg :)