Translate

Monday, June 04, 2007

If it were a snake ...

Share
"So where are my [expletive deleted] car keys? [Expletive deleted]!" I realize that this is Monday morning and that it is 4 a.m. and that I'm up this early just so I can get to an unappreciative job. But the thing is I just had the keys in my hands less than five minutes ago.

Lately my memory seems to be a source of frustration than a tool of survival. So where are my keys? I retrace my steps through the house, not once but five times! On the fifth time through the kitchen, I saw them there, sparkling under cabinet lighting -- the only lighting in the kitchen -- sparkling like jewels on display in a museum. So why didn't I see them during the first four frantic searches? Is my subconscious trying to keep me from going to an exasperating job? It's not helping matters!

No comments: