Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dealing With Weighty Matters

Share
I don't know what has happened over these past couple of months. Somewhere in the midst of my added work load, the rise in my daily stress, the frustration of certain events in my life, the cessation of my exercise regiment, and fast food becoming my main diet --- somewhere in the all of that, 15 pounds snuck on to my body! WHAT HAPPENED?! Great! Now I need to add weight loss to my laundry list of things to do right away. NO, not 'weight loss', rather 'weight management.' We spend enough time worrying about losing keys, children, and relationships. And when I clean my house, I don't think about in terms of dirt loss. So, there you have it --- weight management.

So how am I doing to do this? Last week, a good fellow blogger of mine (Andrew) told me that he had just put online a health site that relates to weight control. That's when I check my poundage and discovered that mother earth must love me more because she's certainly pulling harder on me. Anyway, I'm going to start with Andrew's program. It's only three steps that are very common sense and very easy to do ... and free. To monitor my progress, I going to record my weight AND my waist. Sometimes your weight doesn't reflect that fact that you've removed fat and replaced it with muscle. However, by measuring the circumference of your waist, legs and arms, you can get a better indication of your progress. So I am starting today at 189 pounds and 39.5 inches. A goal to remove one to two pounds of fat each week is realistic. By using Andrew's method that he outlined on his site, I believe my weight reduction is very doable. When you visit his site, please let me know what you think! I'll post my progress here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really does work, perhaps more so when one watches their intake amounts and quality. If you continue to eat unhealthy foods the effect will be limited. I've successfully slimmed down doing a very similar plan, wanna take a walk with me sometime? I would love the company ;)