Translate

Friday, June 15, 2007

Credit Card Racket

Share
All I wanted when I called my credit card company was a lower interest rate. They had just sent a letter saying they were going to raise my rates. Why? Is it because my credit score is too good? Maybe it's because I've never missed any payments. Maybe they don't like the fact that I have paid balances down low.

When I finally got a representative on the phone, they wouldn't give me a yes or no answer right away. They put me on-hold to do "research". While waiting, I had to listen to a couple of sales pitches. One was for a form of term life insurance and the other was loss-of-job insurance. I don't know about the loss-of-job insurance, but I do know that there are much better term insurance companies than what the credit card companies offer. After I listened to this mindless spiel, the rep came back on the phone and asked me if I wanted to sign up for the programs. I said no because the whole point of my call was to save myself some money, not increase my payments. But maybe that was the wrong answer because they said they couldn't reduce my interest rate at this time. All I can say at this moment is that they won't have my business much longer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds very frustrating. I would shop for better rates and dump that company.