Translate

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

politics be damned

Share
We live in a great nation and in great states. Where else can you fight to get back money that your government has taken from you because there is hope that you will get your money back. As of March of this year, I overpaid the Federal government over $20,000. I overpaid the North Carolina government by $2,500.00. Yesterday, I get a letter from our wonderful state revenue department informing me that my wages would be garnished $300. Today, I receive a letter from the IRS saying that I owed but $5,000. Coincidence? This is the result after six months of filling paperwork and getting the run-around at these revenue departments?????

I am learning that government bureaucracy and incompetency has nothing to do with political parties. Those traits are shared by both parties. It is frustrating to have your hard earned dollars taken, not earned as business are required to do, not asked for as moral charities do, but taken as a common thug would do so. Yes, thank god, we live in a country were our freedoms are protected … so long as we give up our freedoms to have this protection.

No comments: