Translate

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Share
I have heard some ridiculous things the past few days but the best was a report that I read today. Apparently the pipelines from the oil fields in Alaska had to be shut down due to extreme corrosion in the pipes. The reason for this corrosion? For the past fourteen years, BP Oil deemed that it wasn’t important to run a cleansing machine through the pipelines. Did any one at BP wonder why these pipelines are referred to as the lifeline of America? I guarantee that it’s not because it sounds good! All the billions of dollars that they have earned. Now I hear that the gas may go to $4.00 a gallon because they wanted to save a few more dollars.

I’m hoping that this is just pessimistic people talking about the price hike. To pay the bills, I have to drive almost 700 miles a week. Without a pay raise and an increase in the mileage allowance, I think I’m going to have to sleep at my desk.

No comments: