Translate

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

follow your trail!

Share
Our sales people are a curious lot. They see something that they like and they want us to immediately engineer it for sale. So there it is a lot of times in my work that I have to do research for those new product designs. It doesn’t help that my company is changing its business model from manufacturing in-house to to buy/sell arrangement --- they buy packaged systems and repackage them. Or that they are scrambling for sales in any way possible. Currently I am writing an engineering specification for 3.5 and 5 inch LCD monitors. So for the past month, I’ve had to investigate what is available and all the supporting information that I could find on them. Many times I’ve needed a way to mark sites into a congruent trail of links. Have you ever had to explain (read “hold the hand of”) things to the technically-challenged (read “my bosses and the sales staff”)?

Well, hurray!! I’ve found that tool to do just that: Trailfire. Think of it as a web ring on steroids! Very simple to use: I’ve added a plugin on my browser (works with Firefox and IE) and then I simply browse and mark my trail. Then, whenever someone comes across my trailfire markers, they can follow my links. This add-in has a lot of potential. I can’t wait until I’ve spent a month use it!


No comments: