Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

Ex or Recovering Catholic?

Share
During Lent, good Catholics show their faith by giving up something important to them. Apparently, the Pope has decided to give up Catholicism.

The excitement over the retiring pope has causes several bloggers to write about the Catholic reliigion. One popular blogger wrote about those who have left the church.

He argued that you can't give up the Catholic faith and call yourself an ex-Catholic any more than you can call yourself ex-Irish. According to him, you are, at best, a recovering Catholic.

Oh, I see.

You drop 100 pounds in weight by changing your eating habits and exercise patterns. You aren't healthy; you're just a recovering fat person.

As a 3-year old, my son believed in Santa Claus. Now, as a rational adult, he is just a recovering Santa-holic.

My former spouse isn't my ex. I'm simply recovering. Actually, after her nonsense during the divorce, my children and I are recovering. Ok, I'll give the blogger that point.


1 comment:

Cperz said...

I would be curious if the person that says a person can't be an ex-Catholic was ever a Catholic in the first place. I am amazed at all the experts these days that have no actual experience with the situation they are trying to be an expert about.