Translate

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Let Us Reflect On The Shininess of Our Heads.

Share
Would you shave your head? Given the length of their mustaches, most of those women would obviously say no. So on to the men.

"Guys with shaved heads are also seen as taller, stronger and having greater potential as leaders, researcher Albert Mannes has found." This according to a study done by a University of Pennsylvania lecturer, who just happens to be ... wait for it ... a balding man.

Mr. Mannes arrived at his shiny findings after showing pictures of bald guys to 60 people. Amazing. Out of 7 billion people, his highly-subjective study only needed 60 to reach a conclusion.

Also having no bearing on the research were the subjects in the photos: guys with looks that melt the underwear of women everywhere. So if you happen to see Marilyn Manson sporting a shiny chrome-dome, you would find him as equally rugged as, say, Bruce Willis.

Perhaps, there is hope for me then. I could shave my head and advertise "This space for rent. Ask me how." With the right ad, I could get lots of pretty women to look at me and smile.

Nah, the truth is some guys look great bald. My good friend's clean-shaven head gives him the sophisticated look of Damon Wayans. Ever time we go out for lunch, women always come up to him and flirt.

That wouldn't happen with me. I'd shave my head only to have women approach me with, "Oh, I'm sorry. Chemo? I'll keep you in my prayers."

Maybe I'll just grow a mustache.

2 comments:

Cperz said...

I love the look of shaved/bald heads. Really, I think it is a cool look on about 90 percent of the guys. (I feel bad for the other 10 percent and hope male patterned baldness doesn't run in their family)

I not sure if I believe that there is a correlation between me finding it attractive and the thought they might be a good leader.

Anon A. Mus said...

Sadly, I have to hang my head in the remaining 10% crowd. Let us reflect.