Translate

Friday, September 10, 2010

over the teeth and through the gums

Share
My friend told me that he was a total abstainer. Really? Completely and totally? Wouldn't that mean that he abstained even from abstention? When I asked him that, he looked at me like I was the one who made the crazy comment.

No, he said he meant that he abstains from just the good stuff ("good stuff" - my translation). It seems he prefers to live in the real world – you know that illusion created by the lack of alcohol. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with sobriety as long as it's done like everything else … in moderation. But not with my friend. He prefers to be drier than desert air after it has gone through a series of humidifier filters. As for me, perhaps I'm drinking myself to slow death. But that's okay because I'm in no rush to get there anyway.

No comments: