Translate

Friday, April 23, 2010

When Now?

Share
I've know Mela for 10 years now. Her husband was great friends with all of us at work during that time. Last year, divorce proceeding entered the picture and we find ourselves missing him. Then, last month, Mela announced that she had been some new guy since Christmas and they were going to get married. While we are happy for her, it seemed a bit quick. Besides, we haven't finished mourning their break-up and the loss of her now ex-hubby.

Today, she went around work showing off a new, beautiful, expensive engagement ring. Mela then raved about big plans to honeymoon in the Bahamas. Yeah, nice. Anger was the only emotion I felt when I saw the shiny piece of metalized gems and heard about her plans. She's been seeing this guy for less than 6 months and I've been dating my girlfriend for almost 8 years now. My girlfriend and I are planning on getting married this year. But still, between taking care of 3 households, not only can't I afford a wedding ring, I can't even consider paying for a honeymoon trip. I'm have to cater to everyone's financial needs at the expense of my wants to please a gorgeous, wonderful woman. What am I going to do?

No comments: