Translate

Sunday, April 18, 2010

the remarrying sage continues

Share
One advantage of marrying someone who has been around a few decades is that you get to combine all of your stuff. This combining process seems to involve a lot of steps. For my part, I will be getting a step-son, 3 step-daughters, and, from my bride-to-be's garage, a step-ladder (which is a good thing because I don't get along with my real ladder).

I'm also getting things I've never had before such as outdoor furniture. Originally, after spending much of my youth in New Hampshire, I thought an outdoor chair was just a dead log that you sat on in the middle of the woods. Using outdoor cushions meant wearing a couple layers of long johns, a pair or two of wool pants and a down coat stuff with a few million duck feathers. Apparently, I've missed out on the finer things of life. But that is what happens when you both go into marriage for a second time -- it is the triumph of hope over experience. Wish me luck.

No comments: