Translate

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Children As A Mirror

Share
I have often heard that children tend to be small versions of their parents. I think I proved that axiom when I was in the mall the other day.

In between two toy kiosks, I watched a spoiled little girl dressed in the latest catimini fashion throw a tremendous tantrum about not being able to buy a toy. Just a few feet away stood her mother dressed in a similar outfit and yelling at the child about not being able to go shopping at the jewelry store because of her child's tantrum. I'm not sure which was more embarrassing -- the whining child, her screaming mother, or me yelling at them to shut up.

2 comments:

Jack Payne said...

Right. Great observation. Kids are the ultimatre mirror.

Anonymous said...

That's really true. I found this sometime ago and I'm very surprised. Children follows what their parents do because parents are the role model of their children. Most children spent most of their time with their parents too.

I find something even more interesting. Most guys marry woman who are almost the same or completely opposite from their mother.