Translate

Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Think Therefore I Sit

Share
I sit too much, either hunched over a keyboard or behind a steering wheel. There, I said it. I sit for almost 3 hours while driving to and from work. Once at work, I can spend at least five hours confined to my desk (on a good day). At home, a few more hours find me sitting upright while working on various projects.

And since I gave up exercising last year for my New Year's resolution (15 straight months and counting, thank you), I've noticed that the Earth's gravity has increased slightly in its tugging power on my body. Lately, when I come out of that computer-screen-induced trance for those few seconds, I noticed that I'm hunched over the keyboard with a slight trickle of drool off the corner of my mouth. My abdomen is extended as if I was in my second trimester of labor. This probably explains my lower back pains. So I'm thinking that a posture corrector may be in order. Or a job where I can work in a big, old, comfy reclining chair...

No comments: