Translate

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Chapter In Life

Share
The time I spent last week with my youngest son was long overdue. Now that he's 16, we were able to have several heart-to-heart talks that weren't possible when he was younger. As I look at this gangly youth who now towers over me, I hope to have planted some seeds of success in his mind.

This is the time in his life of social awareness. So one of his biggest concerns was how hormones are ravaging his face. Fortunately, his mother has bought him a natural acne treatment. Surprisingly, she hasn't gone so natural as to include sandpaper, sterilized needles and an avoidance of zitti pasta.

And that would be his second biggest concern -- his mother. While I have maintained that he needed to respect her because she is his mother, he's finally realizing the type of person she is and why I had to divorce her a few years ago. Hopefully, he will make some better choices for his life because of our time together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are more intelligent and aware of what is going on around them than adults give them credit for. My ex-step-son who I still call my son since I raised him, recently opened my eyes with how much he realized about my relationship with his father. Lets just say there is a reason he still calls me his mother.

Anonymous said...

I am agree with you.It will be better for child's future.

goldengoddess said...

It was great to see how excited you two were to spend this time together. I'm sure he'll keep those words you shared with him close to his heart, he is a very sensitive young man, one who will carry on your wisdom someday soon. He is definitely his father's son, funny, lovable and full of life! I hope we get to see him again really soon!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you.It will be better for child's future.