Translate

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm A Walking English-to-American-to-Southern Dictionary

Share
Having a British mother and an American father with Canadian heritage, I guess I'm just a multicultural kind of guy. I know about elevators and lifts. I can identify bathroom faucets, taps, and spigots. When I moved into South, my horizons expanded to included things like nabs, RC cola and moon pies. Now I drink a refreshing English hot tea, a northern style unsweetened iced tea and its southern cousin, the diabetic-coma-inducing sweet tea. I have no problem saying "you people", "yous guys" and "y'all" with the best of 'em. Yes sir, I have the United Nations going on in my head and, I gotta to tell you, it's getting a little crowded in here...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"its southern cousin, the diabetic-coma-inducing sweet tea". This made me laugh out loud! Sweet Tea isn't good unless it is sugar with a little tea in it, you almost have to chew it! I live in what I would consider the North, and they try to give me un-sweet tea with a little sugar packet.
Thanks for this funny post.

goldengoddess said...

I agree with Christine, very funny post indeed. As for the sweet tea they serve here in the south, you hit the nail right on the head. There is nothing worse than ordering unsweetened tea only to drive off and unsuspectingly swallow a coma dose of sugary syruped tea! Yuck!!!

Magnetic Air Filter Grille said...

I enjoyed your post very much it was funny and at the same time very interesting!