Translate

Saturday, September 15, 2007

ARRR, What Be Ye Party Theme?

Share
For the past four years, a good friend of mine has had me conspire with her to create some very interesting murder mystery parties -- the type where everyone dresses in a costume and one of the guests plays a murder victim while everyone else has to figure out who did it and why. This year, we thought we would try something a little different. At first we considered a gay 90s type theme. But we couldn't be sure our guests would show up dressed in 1890s garb. Considering the crew of hilarious nuts that we hang around with, some might think 1990's and show up as flamboyantly gay or as someone in the 90s or as both.

We finally decided to do a pirate theme and base it on the clues game. There will be two teams of pirates competing to find clues of who did what to whom using which implement of destruction. Yesterday, my friend handed out her very innovative style of party invitations -- small plastic bottles that contained coins and an invitation written on an aged scroll. With less than a week away from the day of the party, I now need to do my part to help her come up with the clues. If all goes well, perhaps I'll post a few pictures ... assuming that I am not made to walk the plank because of what I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your snap shots plugin. Can you determine which links it makes snapshots for? Just curious. I might have to put it on my blog.

Anon A. Mus said...

Hello, Karen! As far as I can tell, Snapshots updates the pictures on its own. So when I link to your site, it updates each time someone hovers over that Snapshot link. Hope this helps!