Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

changes

Share
My friend dated his future bride for 4 years then married her. Now three years later, he's been confiding in me his growing regrets.

" She'll ask about my day but then interrupt me in mid-story to tell me about her own multitude of crisis of the day. She'll ask my thoughts and then begin to criticize them before hearing the entire thought.

It took a few times before I change my behavior. So I've stopped telling her about my day and my thoughts.

Then she began to complain that we don't talk enough. At first, I felt bad. I felt bad until I realize how her complaint wasn't about us not talking enough. It's about my change in behavior. Now I don't spend more time than necessary to listen to her constant nattering.

Tell me again why we got married? I would try to tell her but I'd never get to finish."

I don't know what to say.

No comments: