Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2010

College bound ... again

Share
I've been asked to review Western Governors Online University's site at http://wgu.edu. This request came at a good time. I've just finished my umpth phone interview with lots of kudos about my experience. But without having all of my training and classes coalesced into one overrated piece of paper know as a degree, I keep losing out on the jobs. So what I need to do is return to college. But I don't have time and money to retake every class again. WGU states that they will let you progress through your course work at your own speed. And if you can prove that you know the material, you may be able to jump ahead. But the wording on their isn't very promising. I get the impression that you could be a qualified nurse and working on your rn to bsn online with them and still not be qualified enough to get your BSN in record time unless lots of time on your hands.

I'm looking at the IT Technology degree which requires 121 "Competency Units". WGU is expecting you to take at least 12 CU during a 6 month term at $2890 per term and devote a minimum of 20 hours per week. Yes, for 5 years of schooling, a $30,000 BS degree is cheaper than most colleges. But is it better for me? I'm going to investigate other colleges and see what else I can find in comparison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.