Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fish in a barrel

Share
As part of last month's cost savings, the company has forced one of our top machinists to work only four days a week. Naturally, this caused his already over-burden work load to increase and project deadlines to slip further behind. Do you think our VP ended the furlong for one of his key employees? No, that would make too much sense. Instead, our illustrious VP has this vital employee working 2 hours of overtime a day during his allowed 4 days a week. That'll save some money, won't it!

Cutting into employees and their benefits seems to be this company's quick and easy fix for everything. It's as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. Yet, the powers-that-be don't seem to realize that their expendable fish are in stainless steel drums. Think these businessmen will know that when their company suffers from the ricocheted bullets of ill-fated cost savings?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to read the unscathed story.

project management software said...

I would recommend for those that just cannot get their time management inline. It is crucial to business. I use Google calendars to keep me on track, because I get the reminder emails to my phone that don’t take anytime to
read, but allow me to stay on course.

Illinois personal injury attorneys said...

I can't possibly devote a block of time to important projects every day. You can't afford not to. Set aside a 60-to 90-minute period every day to work on major projects so that you can make significant progress.I should stick to my plan for the day no matter what happens. In the real world, the unexpected and unplanned have a way of cropping up. But when the unexpected does occur, ask yourself that key question: Is this more important than what I had planned to do at this time? If it isn't, don't do it.