Translate

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Trickle Down Scrooge Effect

Share
It's going to be a tight Christmas this year. And I don't just mean that Santa won't be able to fit down the chimney. This year my list of who's naughty and who's nice might as well be on the same sheet of paper. Since my bosses aren't giving up anything, I won't be able to give anything. Maybe if I start donating plasma for the next six weeks, I might be able to hand out cheap, funny t shirts. Otherwise, I am part of that great economic principle known as the trickle down Scrooge effect where one man's cheapness is another man's poverty. It kind of makes you want to define the holiday spirit as any liquid that is 75 proof or more. Happy Christmas, Marry New Year ::: hiccup ::: !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of people are going to be having a nice quiet Christmas and a cheap one as well. There isn´t really a lot of money going around and I think the shops will really suffer this year. We´ll see... I was in the town on Saturday and it didn´t look to me as if people were slowing down! Monika