Translate

Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Days! Gas At 6.5 cents a mile!

Share
It was only a few months ago, that I was paying 15 cents a mile for gas. Yeah, I know how everyone talks in terms of dollars per gallon. But since I know how far I have to drive, my budget works in cents per mile. Last Wednesday, the station close to home broke through the $2 a gallon mark. Today, it was selling regular petrol at $1.869 per gallon. For me, that is a sweet 6.5 cents per mile. ::: big smiley sigh :::

It has been years since I've been this rich ... figuratively speaking. Now, it looks like January's outgo will be only slightly negative instead the bank busting negative cash flow projected for my December (and that was with no Christmas spending.) At 6.5 cents a mile, real food (instead of that Ramen noodle food substitute) is back into the budget. I'm lovin' it ... I can eat and get gas!!! Oh yes, Happy Days! Happy Days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes ! also i'm happy by the fall of the gasoline, although many other things worry me

Anonymous said...

I am definitely happy with gas prices as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Lower gas prices are a mixed blessing. Prices of consumer products and raw materials will go down but the enviroment will suffer due to increase CO2 emissions.