Translate

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Chamonix-Valley

Share
I spent my high school years nestled in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. During my sophomore year, we had an exchange student from France. While he enjoyed our skiing and rock climbing adventures the Presidential mountain range, he would continually regale us with tales of majestic mountains of Chamonix Valley, France. I had forgotten all about his stories until I came across the mention of Chamonix on the Internet. Thanks to the Wide World Web, I was able to visit this site and see how truly majestic it is. I even used Google Earth to zoom around the mountain range and the town. Since it is part of the Alps, you can easily see how it is the extreme skiing capital of the world! Extreme? How about death defying! And yet very enticing to try:


Anyway, it has a beauty that I need to visit while I still can. Next year maybe? We’ll see…

1 comment:

ldcha said...

beautiful place
i was born and grown in chamonix
i lived now in Vancouver Bc ( canada)