Translate

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Watch out for falling rocks

Share
Let me introduce myself. I am the Sisyphus of blogging. I spend months struggling to push that burdensome rock of frequent posts up the steep slope of popularity. Then, when I take a few days off from blogging to rest, that rock careens down the slope, taking my hard-earned audience with it. Then, like Sisyphus's punishment, I begin the laborious work all over again.

I've been repeating this fruitless cycle for several years now - always motivated by hope that enough popularity would transform into financial rewards. I write; you like; you tell your friends, and one of them has the business connections to keep me gainfully writing.

Then I wake up.

Lately, that blogging rock has become much heavier. And more discouraging. From my rumble of words, I find it harder to release an acceptable post.

But you probably have noticed that. Or not.

2 comments:

Cperz said...

You are so right...Blogging is like pushing a heavy rock up a steep slope.

I find it very interesting the blogs that "catch on". It really is like being lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time. I saw a blog that had next to no followers have one post go viral then within two weeks it had around 4000 followers. She recently signed a two book deal with Random House. While I think the writer is a good writer and her stuff is entertaining...no more so than a ton of others.

I always enjoy your posts and hope that others discover them as well.

Anon A. Mus said...

Thank you, Cheryl, for your encouraging words. They mean a lot!