Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Up, up, and away

Share
I completed a successful flight from Raleigh to Nashville and am now in the comforts of my sister's home. All of my pre-flight worries were really a waste of time.

I was dreading the delays normally caused by security checks. But, I arrived at the gate early enough in the morning to breeze through the checks relatively quick.

I do want to thank that dedicated TSA agent and her enthusiastic pat-down. That was the closest I've come to joining the mile-high club --- all before even boarding the plane! Perhaps, I should not have started dancing as I walked up to the body scanner, waving my arms in the air and singing "I'm too sexy for my shoes, too sexy for my belt, just too sexy." Obviously, a terrorist plot to terrorize everyone with my singing and dancing. Fortunately, the body scanner didn't reveal anything threatening -- like overwhelming body odor.

The flight itself made me feel safe with its features: a bullet-proof kick plate on the door to the cockpit, and flight attendants who looked like members of the Women's Russian Wrestling team.

All-in-all, my plane ride went well. There was even a dinner and a show - a bag of stale peanuts and the safety flight announcements by one of those bulky stewardesses. I understand that the double bags over her face were additional safety protections for the passengers.

In a few more days, I'll be experiencing this adventure again as I ride those shiny metal wings homeward. Whatever I paid for this wonderful trip, it was ... too much!

No comments: