Translate

Monday, November 21, 2011

My friend bought his first home today

Share
Congratulations to my young friends! Today, they signed their life away and purchased their first home. Let the depletion of the bank accounts begin!

For those of you who always rent your home, sweet home, let me just tell you that you aren't missing out too much. Buying a home is just like renting, except that your landlord becomes your local government. Instead of fixing what's wrong on your property, they add to your honey-do lists with all sorts of fun rules and regulations. If you don't think that you own your new home, just miss a property tax payment.

I'm kidding. I bought my home years ago and have a lot of fond memories. In fact, if the walls of my home could talk, they'd scream, "No, not the nails! Not the hammer!"

Anyway, now my friends get to experience the joys of home maintenance. Fun times like wall-papering. I've heard that you only need 4 big guys to wallpaper a house, but you have to slice them really thin.

1 comment:

MellyLifshitz said...

no matter what owning your own home is better than renting. renting is for temporary purposes only.