Translate

Thursday, September 01, 2011

a tablet is not a miniature table

Share
If there ever was an award for the biggest sales tease, it would have to go to HP and their tablets. A couple of weeks ago, HP announced they were going out of the tablet business and heavily discounted their $500 iPad-like device for $140. Within a matter of a few hours, stores around the world told the consumer masses, "Sorry, we ran out." These are the times I really hate the speed of information flow on the Internet.

Yes, I know. There are other systems out there like the Asus Tablet Canada but no one is selling at the low, low, HP marketing madness price.

Of course, there is my favorite --- the stone tablet, as long as you don't take that for granite either.

2 comments:

Menachem Lifshitz said...

the last time I heard, HP has incurred too much losses due to the slashing of their tablets' prices.

Anon A. Mus said...

You are absolutely correct, Menachem. Even the build-of-materials list (what it costs to build a product) for an iPad is over $250.

Still, I am saddened that I couldn't take advantage of HP's unprecedented fire-sale. Maybe next time.