Translate

Saturday, July 11, 2009

all that glitters

Share
At one time, I thought that going through divorce is like having an amputation -- you survive but there is less of you. And then, I seemed have found someone who makes up for that 'less of me'. For the better part of this decade (and she has definitely been the better part), I've been dating the most wonderful, caring, loving woman imaginable. Sure, she would love it if I showered her in certified diamonds and the uncertified ones. But, she is interested in how we complete each other more than raw, expensive minerals. I would even give her the pricey plutonium if that would make her happy but I much prefer the natural glow that she has whenever I'm around her. My life may have suffered an amputation but I seemed to have grow into something much, much better!

4 comments:

UPrinting said...

Going through a divorce is indeed terrible. But then again, you just have to see the positive side to it and learn from what happened. I hope you found the right one this time. :)

answerstash said...

Best of luck man for your brighter future. Hope you both enjoy your life.

Anonymous said...

::: blushing :::

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement UPrinting, and answerstash! We've both been through a lot, yet we continue to bring out the best in each other. I am so thankful to have this man in my life. :)

PS ... thank you Anon A Mus ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Anon A Mus! As some say here in the south, "You are the gravy to my mashed potatoes, the mustard to my pretzel, the cherries to my cheesecake?" I think you know what I mean ;)

Uprinting and answerstash, thanks for the nice comments and encouragement, it just keeps getting better!

;) GG