Translate

Sunday, July 09, 2006

domino's mileage scam

Share
Domino's charges $1 for a delivery. Out of that, I get $ 0.95 of that IF it is a single delivery. If I take two deliveries, I get $0.40 for that second delivery. When I first started, it was $0.80 for every delivery. Of course, gas then was $1.95 a gallon. Today it was $2.90 a gallon.

At 25 mpg, it costs me $0.127 per mile. Some of our deliveries are 13 miles in travel, costing me $1.65 in gas. Is it right that Domino is, in effect, making me pay to deliver their pizzas? One of their mottos is "putting people [their employees] first". I'm beginning to doubt the positive implication that such a motto should have. One of the companies demands upon its employees is "integrity". Integrity? Where is the integrity when a company scams its employees?

No comments: