Translate

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

knit one, job two

Share
Last Friday, we received news at work that our pay had been cut and some employees would only be allowed to work 3 or 4 days a week. Fortunately, I had put a much needed car wash for my ride in my already stretched budget.

Yes, after getting our great news, I debated about foregoing the car cleaning. But my baby needed a bath. And I needed to look around one of my favorite stores - circuit city.

When I arrived at the wash, I discovered that the circuit city next door had closed. In its place was a sewing and knitting store. Just not the same. I used to meander amongst the thousands of shiny electronics gadgets that I would never buy while my sweet ride got a wash. This time, I meandered among yarn and needles and old women discussing the best stitch to use. It was almost like being in hell. But I made the best of it. I asked for a job application. A job is a job. Those bills aren't going to pay themselves. And I am such a knit-wit in any case ...

No comments: