Translate

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

One of Those Rare Days That I Can't Relive

Share
On one breathtaking autumn day, I traded the stuffy confines of my house for the Presidential Mountain Range of New Hampshire. My living room became a carpet of off white, golden yellows, deepening reds and dark greens. My walls and ceiling were transforming as a sunset darkened the heavenly blues of the sky and brought forth brilliant streaks of orange and violet in the clouds. My entertainment system had become the orchestrated drama of a life-giving sun slowly reaching down to kiss the twilight of the horizon. I sat in the home theater seating of a majestic mountain side as the thunderous songs of birds and crickets and frogs crescendoed into sudden silence as the last arc of sunlight slipped behind the end of an adventurous day. It was a moment that you want to live repeatedly but can only hope that the fuzzy memories of your mind will let you relive that the unspeakable joy in your spirit always.

4 comments:

goldengoddess said...

mmMMMmmm ... sounds delicious, take me there?

;)

Anonymous said...

well sometime its hard to relieve yourself

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful analogy of what is always in front of us--but some fail to see.

No living room space is greater than the one you described.

Some get to see this--some get to feel this--but the trick is to always get to live with the precious memories left behind.
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

I love the picture you've drawn with your words and i love the photo of the most beautiful sunset you have accompanying your words. Beautiful story...